Imaginary Maggie Knits!

The creator of LadyHawk Nutrition blogspot not only works, entertains, finds time for family and friends, and operates a thriving nutritional consultation office on weekends, but she's crafty too!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Saugatuck, Michigan, United States

***

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Hailey's Socks


Here are shots of the socks that I made for my granddaughter Hailey for her 8th birthday. Yeah, I’m pretty young to have an 8 year old granddaughter, but stranger things have happened!

Anywho, I’m posting both photos because neither of them show the color very accurately, but one shows the green of the sock body better while the other shows the bright colors in the fuzzy sock tops better. Hailey is one of those “girly-girls”, so I used the chartreuse 50% silk 50% alpaca for the body (I know it’s $10 a skein, but it’s SO YUMMY to work with) and the very nice lady at my LYS found the fuzzy stuff from Italy for the sock tops.

What ever will I do with the rest of the fuzzy stuff? I’m taking suggestions!

2 Comments:

Blogger ~drew emborsky~ said...

So. Cute!

That fluffy stuff would look great if you were to edge one of her tank tops or tshirts with it, or around the top of one of her purses. Little girls look cute when they are matchy matchy, don't you think?

How goes the Kitty Pi?

8/6/06 8:32 AM  
Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

I love these! Fabulous edging.

26/6/06 6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home