Imaginary Maggie Knits!

The creator of LadyHawk Nutrition blogspot not only works, entertains, finds time for family and friends, and operates a thriving nutritional consultation office on weekends, but she's crafty too!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Saugatuck, Michigan, United States

***

Sunday, September 07, 2008

The Meandering Vacation: Chapter 11

After waking up slowly on Sunday we packed up the convertible, said our goodbyes, and hit the road south. Neither the D.H. or I had ever been on the road known as "Alligator Alley" so we decided to take that route to my parents' winter home on Key Largo. I took this photo so you would know what Alligator Alley looks like. Well, it looks like this... for hours! Thick evergreen trees growing up to the shoulder of the road for a couple hundred miles. Really pretty for a half hour, but honestly kinda boring after that. And clausterphobic. There are almost no breaks in the trees until you get closer to Miami, and you can easily see why they film so many TV episodes and movies here.
It's creepy.
It's isolated.
It's long.
It's definitely worth the drive, and I loved it. But I'm not sure if I would want to drive my Harley down this road because if I broke down it could be a long walk to a gas station or at least quite a few minutes until a car came by. Oh yeah, not a lot of cell phone range here either.

I love anyplace where I can really unplug.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home