Imaginary Maggie Knits!

The creator of LadyHawk Nutrition blogspot not only works, entertains, finds time for family and friends, and operates a thriving nutritional consultation office on weekends, but she's crafty too!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Saugatuck, Michigan, United States

***

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Updates

I’m working on a new pair of socks. Just for myself! It’s out of the same 50% cashmere/50% silk blend that I did the chartreuse green socks in, but I’m making these in a nice medium gray. I’m using a patter that looks like a cable, but much smaller, so the stitch used is actually called a “twist” since you are twisting only 2 stitches around each other. I can’t wait to show you shots of the finished socks! And with the 50% silk they should be cool enough to wear in summer… when it’s not 95 degrees at least.

And yes, I’m one of those knitters that knits both socks at the same time; a few pattern repeats on one sock, then catch-up on the next sock.

I’ve also ordered some Lion Brand Yarn on-line to make a “Fisherman’s shrug”. I got the pattern for free on the Lion Brand website, and I also got a promotional free shipping coupon from them, so I’m like “Sweet! Free Shipping!”. Then when I went to order it guess what? That yarn was 15% off. Soooo Coooool.

I’m not going to do the shrug in off white like they suggested. I’m just not a vanilla kinda girl. I chose their “Pewter” color. Yup, me, must be in a medium gray mood. Don’t worry, by the time fall comes around again I’ll be all about Reds, Browns, and Pomegranate colors.

1 Comments:

Blogger ~drew emborsky~ said...

How cool that the yarn was 15% off to boot! I can't wait to see the new socks!!

18/7/06 2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home